Monday, August 24, 2009

Four Month Update!

Miss Cora is about 4 1/2 months old now. I can't believe it! I planned on posting the week of her 4 month birthday but I kept putting it off. Today was our check up with Dr. Towns and Cora looked great! Her current stats are:
Weight - 13 lbs 15 oz (50th percentile)
Length - 25 3/8 inches (75th percentile)
Head - 16 1/2 inches (70th percentile)
She is following the growth curve beautifully and has been pretty consistent with regards to her percentiles. Her head took a good jump from the 50th to 70th percentile...she's just growing lots of brains!!! We got two shots this visit and will likely get three at her 6 month appointment. She will be eligible for the flu shot when she is 6 months old so we will be getting that shot as well. No fun, but we want to make sure she stays healthy.

We spent the week of Cora's 4 month birthday on the move with a trip to Oklahoma to visit her Mimi, Aunt Stefani and all of her cousins. We have also been able to spend a lot of time with my side of the family. We spent all day long with my Mimi, Cora's "Old" Mimi for Mimi's 82nd Birthday. Mimi loves Cora and I know she really enjoyed spending the day with her. Other than that we have just been enjoying having a 4 month old. She is usually smiling, laughing, talking, playing in her Bumbo or in her ExerSaucer. Sometimes we have a harder time. Cora has developed a pretty bad case of separation anxiety that sometimes makes life a little more difficult around the Stogner household. Life is good until Momma has to go to work. Poor Cora has been crying from about the time I leave for work at 5:45pm until around bedtime at 8:30pm. We are trying everything we can think of to help her out but it seems she just wants her Mom around for comfort and breastfeeding. Poor Matt. My Mom, Dad and sister have been all working together to help take care of her. She's never been thrilled to see me leave but this week has been awful. It makes me feel beyond terrible to know she is so upset when I am at work but I am hoping and praying that she will soon grow out of this. We were told by the pedi today to consider starting her on solid foods to see if this will help. We gave her rice cereal tonight for the first time and she wasn't really a fan! We videoed it and I am trying to get that plus another cute video of her up on the blog. I am having trouble figuring it out!

Bumbo and tummy time. She always leans herself over to her left side in the Bumbo.



Party girl ready to go to a baby shower with Mom and Dad

Cora kissin on her cousin Nathan

Cora and Nathan...and part of Mimi

We love to bathe in the sink at Mimi and Fluffy's house

Chewing on people's hands is another favorite pastime. This time it was Aunt Crissy but I don't think she minded!

Eating my cereal and chewing on my fingers!

No comments: