Thursday, March 26, 2009

Updates

Well, a lot has gone on in the past few weeks. My blood pressure was up a little last week at my doctors appointment. I still had no protein in my urine so I was told to keep on going and let him know if anything changes. I went to work that night and took my BP at home that morning and it wasn't any better. I took it really easy over the weekend and it went down. I called Dr. Norwood on Monday morning and he officially put me on bed rest! No work for me until after maternity leave. I am on modified bed rest, which means I can get up to go to the bathroom, shower, and maybe get something from the kitchen to eat/drink. I can lay on the couch and watch tv or in the bed. The good news...my swelling in my feet/ankles/legs and hands has gotten SO much better. I have ankle bones again! Matt took the week off with me and has taken good care of me. I went back to see the doctor today and my blood pressure was even higher. I knew it would be and I attribute a lot of it to nerves. I could feel my pulse bounding as I sat down to get it taken. Still, only a trace ammount of protein in my urine. I had the lovely pleasure of doing a 24 hour urine collection at home that I turned in at the visit. The results from that test will be more conclusive. Dr. Norwood also checked me at the visit and I am 1.5 cm dialated and 50% effaced. It might be sooner than later that we have a baby! I would really like for her to stay in for another week but she might have plans of her own! I guess that's it for now. I go back to see the doctor on Tuesday and he will have more info on what is next for us. Until then...I will be on the couch or in bed!!!

1 comment:

Mimi Carol said...

I can't wait to meet Cora, but I hope she can hold out another week at least. I know it's no fun being on bed rest, but hopefully it will pass quickly.