Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cora Update

Well, everyone will be happy to hear that my sonogram on Friday went really well! The sonographer told me a little bit while she did it on Friday that really calmed my nerves. I didn't want to make any official announcements though until after I saw Dr. Norwood on Monday. He was please with the results. Her right kidney was a dilated a little more from 3mm to 4mm, but her left kidney decreased in dilation from 3mm to 2mm. The numbers are now pretty insignificant and it looks like I don't even need to have anymore sonos! I believe he was mainly looking for a marked increase in the dilation. Say, from 3mm to 5 or 6mm. My fluid level was prefect and she is definately growing and moving around like crazy in there. They estimated her weight at 1 lb. and 12 oz.! Pretty big girl! She was measuring almost a week bigger than she is...I knew it would start happening sooner or later! Everything else was normal, her heart looked great and she still has all of her bowel where it is supposed to be (I guess the NICU nurse in me came out when I asked her to look at her bowel to make sure). The only disappointing thing was that she was positioned just perfectly that we could not see her face (at all!) and we really couldn't see her girl anatomy. The sonographer told me she was very happy we weren't doing a sex determination with this sono because she really couldn't be 100%. She did assure me she could still see some bits of girly bits. We didn't even take a picture home. We are planning on getting a 3D/4D sono done in about a month. This is purely for entertainment purposes and we will paying out of pocket. But I will be getting it done at Dr. Norwood's office and I really like the sonographer there, she is so sweet. I hope Cora cooperates! Hopefully I will be able to post some really cute pictures after that scan!

In other news, we purchased all of Cora's furniture this weekend! I was at Babies 'R Us with my mom and sister when I saw a set that I really liked. It was 20% off and I thought it was a very good deal for the amount of stuff we were getting. I called Matt, sent him some pics with my cell and he gave me the green light to buy! We should get it all in next week. We will have the new carpet laid the week after that and then we will officially begin to get the nursery together. For those of you who do not know, our house flooded a few weeks ago and we are still waiting on getting the new carpet in, right now we have some carpet and a lot of concrete for flooring, it's just lovely! I will attach a pic of the furniture. As soon as we have the nursery done I will post a pic of that too.

5 comments:

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

I am sooooo glad that everything went well and that Cora is doing great. Your furniture is super cute! Being pregnant is getting more and more exciting every day. I can't wait to start decorating our room too!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

That's great!! I love the furniture, really cute! Have you picked out bedding yet?

ana said...

how exciting! the funiture's so cute! can't wait to see it all done.

Shannon Rosiere said...

I'm so happy the sono went well. I have been praying for little Cora! Love the furniture! Happy Decorating!

Kellars Mommy said...

Great news...I love the bed you picked out but maybe I'm partial b/c Kellar has it in white..lol..and wow 1 lb 12 oz, man I remember a cute lil Baylor boy that weighed that..