Thursday, June 11, 2009

Randomness

Here are some cute pics we have taken over the past few weeks. Cora is now 8 weeks old and we go for her 2 month check up tomorrow. This visit means the first of the dreaded immunizations!! I am hoping Cora does ok and doesn't feel too bad tomorrow afternoon. We are still struggling with our evening routine. Cora's "witching hour" continues. She's pretty much mad at the world from around 6:30-9:30pm. She only wants to be held and is just so tired and fights sleep like no baby I have ever seen. Just this week she has decided she would rather be held by Mommy or Daddy which really breaks her Mimi and Aunt Robin's hearts. I know we will get over this but I was really hoping once we got to around 8 weeks it would get better instead of worse. I will post her new "stats" tomorrow after we see our friend, Dr. Towns!

Hanging out with Dad at about 6 weeks.

Sweet baby after a bath. She LOVES her baths but especially loves cuddling up in her warm towel afterward.

Getting ready to go her "baby shower" from my Mom's side of the family. This shower had to be postponed due to my being put on bed rest at 36 weeks. The shower was even better postpartum, everyone got to hold sweet Cora!

Napping with Dad.

Can you imagine anything cuter? On her way to celebrate her Mimi Carol's birthday. Last night, 8 weeks old.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Don't worry it will get better. Tristan was so fussy during that time period too! Do you have a baby sling? I used one of the Moby wraps and it saved us! I could put Tristan in that during his fussy time and he would always go to sleep and I could get things done with my hands free. I still use that thing all the time. Best $30 I ever spent! I think he started to get better at about 10 weeks or so because it was a week or so after I went to work that it got better. Good luck!

Mimi Carol said...

I'm trying hard to find some of Leslie in the baby, but I think she a real mini-Matt.

ana said...

yeah! she has a bow on!! hehehe!!

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

I feel your pain. Audrey's "mad at the world time" always tends to be around midnight and lasts for a few hours. If we are lucky, she postpones her fussy time to around 2 or 3 in the morning. :( I think she is a little colicky (which is heightened in the evening time). People keep saying it will get better, so I will tell you that it will get better! ;)