Sunday, June 7, 2009

We're home!

We are all moved into our new home! We closed on May 28th and moved in June 1. Matt returned to work tonight, June 7th, which made for a very busy week getting into the new house! I love my new house and Cora has made the transition very smoothly. She does miss her Aunt Robin though! :(

Cora is getting bigger everyday. She smiles and "talks" up a storm. She has really discovered her hands and arms. She really started to suck on her fists this weekend. I don't know if this is the early stages of teething or if she is just trying to pacify herself, either way, she loves her hands! The one thing Miss Cora loves more than sucking on her hands is ceiling fans! She will watch a ceiling fan for hours! It's really cute to watch her smile and laugh at the ceiling fan. Cora also rolled over from her stomach to her back today for the first time. I try to keep up with the tummy time but she really doesn't enjoy it, she was quick to find a way to get out of it! It was so cute to watch her after she figured out what she could do. I was so happy that Matt and I were both there to witness one more milestone. I am so sad that I have to return to work soon knowing that I will likely miss out on some of these events.

On that note, Matt went back to work tonight and we miss him a lot! This is the longest the three of us have been apart since Cora was born 8 weeks ago. I feel so blessed for the time we were given to spend as a family. The next few months will be a hard transition for us as I go back to work next week. Matt and I will alternate our nights at work so someone is home with Cora at all times. We will certainly miss each other but it is worth it to us to be home with our baby girl.

Sorry about the lack of photos. I have not unpacked the camera yet! Will post some soon!!!

4 comments:

ana said...

yeah!! can't wait to see the new "crib"!

Erica said...

Yeah Tristan learned how to roll off his belly fast because he hated tummy time too but now he loves to be on his tummy. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house. Sorry you have to go back to work. That was really hard on me too. Shannon and I alternate our work schedules so we could keep Tristan out of daycare for as long as possible too. It was hard but so worth it.

Erica said...

oh and Tristan is still fascinated by ceiling fans to this day... =)

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

I can't wait to see your new house!! How exciting! I know you are busy, but I cant wait to see some pics!