Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hi, my name is Cora!


She's here! Cora made her big debut on Monday, April 13th at 6:40 pm. We were sent to L&D from Dr. Norwood's office at around 12:30 in the afternoon. He began pitocin at around 1:45 and broke my water at around 4. After that, everything went very quickly! I dilated from a 5 to a 9 in about an hour (I also got my epidural!). At 6pm I started pushing and had her out in 40 minutes. She was so sweet and laid back from the very beginning. My mom cut her cord and Matt went with her to the baby warmer where he put on her first diaper. We were all so happy to finally see her and welcome her to the world! The family all came in to see her and hold her. She was so alert and bright eyed. It was a very sweet time. She went right to the breast and ate like she had been doing it for weeks! She's the perfect baby!


We are home now and she is still doing great. She eats, sleeps and rarely cries. I love being her Mommy and her Daddy is so proud and protective of her. We had to take her to the pediatrician on Thursday to check her jaundice level. Everything looks ok, we just have to spend time in the sun each day to get her levels to come down. She still looks pretty yellow, especially in pictures. We will go back in a week to the pedi. Cora has had lots of visitors and we love introducing her to everyone. She is just so cute, everyone loves her! Cora's big brothers Jack and Gizmo love her too. Jack wants to sniff her every time he passes by, he also likes to lick her feet. Gizmo isn't as interested in Cora, he does come and check her out every once in awhile. That's pretty much our life. We're loving every minute of it!

4 comments:

Tricia Welch said...

Congrats, Leslie! She is so beautiful! Welcome to motherhood...it's amazing!

KJ said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet her!!

ana said...

she looks so stink'n cute! it's funny how she's looking right at you. she likes looking at her aunt ana too! :-D

Kellars Mommy said...

Congrats, I have checked this blog everyday anxiously waiting to see a picture post! I really hope we get to meet her at the reunion, oh and of course we wanna see you too...