Saturday, April 11, 2009

Still pregnant!

Well, here I am, laying on the couch and still pregnant! We went to see Dr. Norwood on Thursday morning. We were all packed and ready to be admitted into the hospital. Just before Dr. Norwood made it into the room to see us, Matt said to me that he thought we were going back home today. I admitted to him that I too had a feeling that we weren't going to be having a baby before the weekend. We were right! My blood pressure was elevated..no surprise! But, I had zero protein in my urine, no significant swelling and my follow up BP (while lying on my side) was perfect. The bed rest is still working! I told Dr. Norwood what Dr. Kurian said about the possibility of being admitted that day, but he seemed skeptical. He checked me himself and told me he thought I was really closer to 3 cm dilated but almost 100% effaced. I told him that I really didn't think I was in labor because I wasn't uncomfortable at all. I felt pretty bad after my previous exam but with rest I was feeling a lot better. We decided at that time to wait until the next week, when I will be into my 39th week to induce my labor. He told me that the high blood pressure will eventually catch up with me and that he felt good about having her at 39 weeks. We both are trying to avoid a trip to NICU if at all possible! I am happy he is being so conservative. I don't mind being pregnant for a few more days, even on bed rest. One of the good things about working where I do is a profound appreciation for being able to keep my baby right where she needs to be as long as I possibly can. I work with moms that would literally give their left arm to be able to carry a healthy baby to full term. I am VERY lucky! So...another weekend on the couch/in bed and I will miss out on some Easter festivities but we will have a baby on Monday! I am scheduled to go in to see Dr. Norwood for a visit at 1:45 on Monday afternoon and if my BP is still elevated (it will be!), I will be admitted to be induced!! This is my last post until after she is here but I will try to post as soon as Cora makes her entrance! Pray for all of us please on Monday!

No comments: