Thursday, April 2, 2009

Still in bed!

I'm sorry for not updating. It's not that I've had a lot to do! I am still on bed rest and just loving every minute of it! LOL I saw Dr. Norwood on Tuesday and got the results of my 24 hour urine. It did show that I had protein in my urine but not enough to induce my labor at 37 weeks. I also had protein in my urine for the first time from the sample that I had to give in the office. I let Dr. Norwood know what my BPs have been at home and he thought I looked really good as far as swelling goes. He scheduled me for a Biophysical Profile for the next day. A Biophysical Profile is a ultrasound that looks at how well the baby is in utero and whether or not it would be safer for her to be outside rather than inside. It looks at fetal breathing, movement, tone, heart rate and amniotic fluid level. Miss Cora passed with flying colors and she appears to be perfectly happy right where she is. My high blood pressure doesn't seem to be affecting her at all. So I am back on the couch during the day and in bed at night. My blood pressure has really been pretty good here at home so we will keep on doing what we are doing. Dr. Norwood wants me back in the office on Tuesday but of course he will be in Florida until Wednesday! He made me promise not to do anything silly while he is out of town. I will see one of his partners on Tuesday and will probably go back on Thursday too just so Dr. Norwood can see how I am. I am looking forward to at least a week and half of bed rest and then I will be 39 weeks. I think he is thinking about just going ahead and inducing me that week to get my blood pressure down for good. I have started to become pretty uncomfortable lying on my left or right side all the time. I have some back pain while on my right side and I have done something to a nerve under my ribs when lying on my left side which is very uncomfortable. Dr. Norwood said it was a common problem and he reminded me that I don't have to exclusively lay on my left side. I hate to complain. I don't know how women do bed rest for months. I really feel for those ladies. I guess that's it for now!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Almost there! Enjoy your time in bed...it will Never ever ever happen again!!